Translate

Wednesday, September 11, 2013

The Conjuring

NO SPOILERS! JUST A REVIEW!

So me and a friend of mine watched The Conjuring the other night and it really wasn't all that scary. I'd seen the previews before it was released and I thought it looked pretty boring. I like scary movies but I really wasn't feeling it so I decided to pass. 

Once the movie was released, people just could not stop talking about it. Everywhere I turned, someone was talking about how scary it was. Critics were saying it was a great scary movie so I decided maybe it was worth a try.

We get all ready with popcorn and snacks to watch the movie and honestly, I was disappointed. The first half of the movie was just the usual stuff. Weird occurrences here and there, dramatic suspenseful moments that eventually lacked a frightening outcome. I honestly don't think it got interesting until the last 15-20 minutes. That's when stuff really began to play out and yet even that didn't exactly scare me. By then, the movie had lost my attention. You can't save the good part of the movie for the last twenty minutes! The suspense was there but not the scariness you'd expect from a horror film.

I will say though that because we watched it late at night with the lights off, I was a little freaked out. I didn't want to make the walk back to my room so we both cuddled up on my friend's twin sized bed and went to sleep.

Overall rating: 5 out of 10

No comments:

Post a Comment