Translate

Sunday, September 8, 2013

Sugar daddies!

Okay so I'm sure everyone has heard of the term sugar daddy before right? If you haven't, a sugar daddy is typically an older wealthy gentleman who longs for the company of a younger often pretty woman. That woman is not-so-cleverly called a "sugar baby".

Sugar babies can be any age but typically she is a young college student who needs money for school, books, rent etc. So instead of getting off their ass and getting a job, they go online and search for a sugar daddy who will pay for all these things. Once a baby has met a daddy, the two of them come up with some sort of a deal or "mutually beneficial arrangement". 

Now contrary to popular belief, the sugar daddy is not always looking for sex. A lot of sugar daddy/sugar baby relationship require no sex at all. The daddy just wants to a young lady to spend time with and show off to his lonely, non sugar baby having friends. Most of these arrangements include a weekly allowance. This allowance is separate from the gifts, trips, surprises, etc the sugar daddy provides. It is also separate from any bills he pays for her. 

So on average, a sugar daddy spends a hefty sum on a girl he's probably not even having sex with. That's a lot to spend on a girl without ever getting any don't you think?

Now of course there are some sugar daddy/sugar baby relationships that do include sex. That's a little strange to me. Isn't that just high level prostitution? Instead of finding her on a street corner, he would just solicit her......"services" in such a way that isn't so low down and degrading. This type of arrangement is different though. These sugar daddies normally aren't so generous. They generally don't shower her with expensive gifts and luxurious trips. They may pay a bill or two here and there but their not exactly spoiling their sugar baby. Honestly, they're just paying for the sex, "pay to play" as they call it.

I'm really unsure on my opinion on this. On one hand, it would be nice to have someone buy you anything you want. I think every girl would love that. I know I would. However, it's creepy at the same time regardless whether sex is involved or not. Whatever happened to being an independent woman? What about having your own money and not depending on a man to provide for you?

I don't exactly know how to feel about this. I don't depend on my man to buy me shit. I don't require him to. I can pay for anything I order at a restaurant or any movie we go see. If I can't afford to go out, I won't. If he chooses to pay (which he normally does), then that's him being a gentleman. A woman should not depend solely on a man to provide for her. I believe a man should pay just pay out of respect and chivalry but in these days and times, if you just assume he will pay, you're very likely to get your face cracked and your feelings hurt.

No comments:

Post a Comment