Translate

Sunday, November 8, 2015

Buy or Buh-bye! NYX Simply Red Lip Cream Review

Hey loves! I'm back with a new segment for you guys: Buy or Buh-bye!

About a month or so ago I purchased a Simply Red NYX lip cream from a higher end beauty supply store. I was originally going to get the Red Velvet butter gloss but once I swatched the lip cream, I was sold! The shade I have is SR 03. It's a bright candy apple/vixen red. Perfect shade if you're going for a sexy look. The coverage is perfect and the finish is creamy matte.



My biggest issue with this product is how easily it rubs off. By the end of the day, I had stains all over my fingers and my hands. My hoodie and shirt had stains all over it. I ended up just rubbing it off because I was so disappointed. I have worn it on multiple occasions and it happens every time. That is the only real issue that I have but that's enough to not make me buy it again.  I've seen some videos about how to stop that so I'm going to try some of those techniques and hopefully it'll work out.


I'm wearing it here as a part of my Halloween costume!


There is also a Simply Vamp and a Simply Nude line available.
    

Overall Score: 3/5*
Final Verdict: Buh-bye!

*I like to rate my makeup products. It makes it easier for me if I decide to purchase again. I rate based on coverage, texture, kiss tests, consistency and how long it lasts.

No comments:

Post a Comment