Translate

Tuesday, November 17, 2015

Black Owned Beauty and Cosmetic Companies

Hey loves!

I'm back with a quick makeup post. I first got into makeup over a year ago. I love the look of makeup and once contemplated going to beauty school. However, my biggest issue with makeup is finding my perfect shade. As a woman of color, it is incredibly difficult to find makeup that matches my skin tone with major makeup companies. I'm sick of looking at L'oreal, Maybelline, Covergirl or other major makeup companies and seeing numerous shades and products for white women and only two shade options for women of color. It's incredibly frustrating so I decided to focus only on makeup products created for and by black women. I did some research and I came across some makeup and beauty companies that cater specifically to women of color.

These are the companies that have gotten the best reviews and come highly recommended. I'm planning to stock up on Black Radiance and Black Opal products soon so expect a product review soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment