Translate

Sunday, December 22, 2013

Tell Me How It's Looking Babe

So yesterday was a big day for me! I finally got my hair done, I got first laptop as a early Christmas gift and I was able to get Beyonce's CD! Now before I go any further, let's briefly discuss how Queen Bey raised her sizable middle finger at Target.
Beyonce's decision to release her new album exclusively through iTunes did not sit well with other retailers, mainly Target who completely refused to stock her album. A representative of Target stated,“While there are many aspects that contribute to our approach and we have appreciated partnering with BeyoncĂ© in the past, we are primarily focused on offering CDs that will be available in a physical format at the same time as all other formats. At this time, Target will not be carrying Beyonce’s new self-titled album ‘Beyonce.’” 

Wow butthurt much? Target competitor Walmart is certainly selling the album though! The ever classy Beyonce addressed Target by simply making a trip to Walmart in Boston and doing some shopping the day her album hit stores. She even got in the intercom to announce to the shoppers that she would giving out free $50 gift cards to everyone in the store. She posted endless pictures on both her Tumblr and Instagram. Damn Bey, you just had to rub it in their faces didn't you? lol!

Moving on, I made a trip to Walmart last night to get the album and I got really discouraged when all of the slots where her album was supposed to be were empty. I had to do a little searching before I was able to grab one of the last three CDs in a different aisle. We opened it in the car and I was already a bit taken back by the CD cover. 


Lol I certainly wasn't expecting that but Ayyyyyye get it Bey! ;)

So we started listening to it in the car and he first three songs were not of any interest to me at all. Honestly, I was bored. So far, my favorite songs are XO, Partition (which contains includes 'Yonce' in the beginning), Flawless (which includes Bow Down in the beginning) and my all time favorite, Drunk in Love. The CD is okay at most. I, and I'm sure a lot of other people as well, are used to not only listening to Beyonce's faster music but prefer it as well. When I listen to Beyonce, I want to get up and dance. They aren't any of those tracks on this album. Yonce and Bow Down are the only songs that are upbeat but you can't really dance to them. They are more like attitude songs like songs that you listen to when you feel really confident and want to flip your weave at a hater. lol hey don't judge me, people actually feel that way! 

I haven't gotten around to watching the music videos, which are included on a DVD in the case, but I can't wait to!

No comments:

Post a Comment