Translate

Sunday, September 27, 2015

LaSplash Liquid Lipstick Review

So my latest obsession has been liquid lipsticks. Or any lipsticks for that matter. My ultimate goal is to be a lipstick junkie and change my lip color every day! I currently have about 8 or 9 products now including lipsticks, lip glosses and lip tars but I'm looking to expand. I won't be happy until I have at least 15 or so.

I recently purchased LaSplash liquid lipstick from someone online via an app I have called Poshmark. Poshmark is a app that allows their members to buy and sell items from their own closets. As a member you're able to list all types of items such as clothes, shoes, and accessories. I use it mostly for makeup which is how I came across this lipstick. The shade I am reviewing is called Sirius. I couldn't find this exact shade on the website but I found another shade that they carry that looks almost identical to it. This shade is called Deadly Nightshade.
 14308 Deadly Nightshade
I learned later that Sirius was a part of a special line of liquid lipsticks by LaSplash inspired by Harry Potter. The line has been discontinued but I was able to find some pictures online for you! LaSplash normally goes for about $14 so they're pretty affordable as well.

 See how Sirius and Deadly Nightside are almost identical? I think they cheated with that one! :)

Here's me wearing Sirius. In photos online the color looks much more blue but once I put it on, it looked much darker. It was almost black.
I like the formula. It's very smooth and it does not dry too quickly. A few other people who own liquid lipsticks by LaSplash talk about their odor. I admit, they do have a slight paint smell. It doesn't bother me. It's barely noticeable especially since it lasts for such a short period of time. Once it dries, the smell goes away so it's not something that you have to constantly worry about.

Sirius stayed on my lips for hours! I first applied it around 9 in the morning. I ate lunch around 1:30ish and it stayed on perfectly! I reapplied around 5:30. I did not do a kiss test but I think it's safe to assume it would pass. The only thing that was a problem for me was water. At work, I like to eat a lot of ice so it caused my lipstick to come off. What I found strange was how it came off. The formula chips off into little tiny pieces. I kept seeing them floating around in my ice.






This is what it looked like after a couple of hours.








It looks pure black in this photo doesn't it?








Bottom Line: I would definitely recommend LaSplash to a friend and I would certainly buy from them again! 

No comments:

Post a Comment