Translate

Wednesday, July 15, 2015

July: My First Ipsy Bag!




I heard of Ipsy for the first time last year. I had just subscribed to Youtuber BREONAQUEEN and she had a video in which she used a makeup palette she had gotten from Ipsy. Here's a video in which she briefly discusses it.





I signed up for it in late June just in time for the July glam bag. So this is how it works: You sign up and for $10 a month, you get 4 sample size beauty products and about 1 full size product. By being a member you get discounts on other products. Like right now on the site, Ipsy subscribers are being offered a Crown Brush MediSonic Facial Scrubber for $49. It retails for $130 normally. Honestly, it a good deal and I'd totally get it if I actually had the money.

This is what it came in, a cute pink envelope.


And here's the makeup bag and an advertisement that came with it.

And these are the products that were inside!



So this is what I got this month: Ofra Cosmetics Eyeshadow and highlighter Bliss, Be A Bombshell lip balm in Ruby, Jor'el Parker Classico perfume, Tarte Cosmetics clay bronzer and Avene Cleanance gel.

Full Price: 
Ofra Cosmetics Eyeshadow and highlighter Bliss: $15
Be A Bombshell lip balm in Ruby: $14
Jor'el Parker Classico perfume: $21
Tarte Cosmetics clay bronzer $30
Avene Cleanance gel: $20 full size

Honest Opinion
When I first opened the bag, I was a bit disappointed. I wanted something different....products I would actually use. I thought I would get some eye shadow palettes or maybe some eyeliner or lipstick so to see none of those things was disappointing. However, i have to say, researching these products definitely did open me up to some brands I normally wouldn't have looked twice at.

Overall Rating: 2/5 
I'm not very impressed by my box but I've decided to give Ipsy a 3 month trial run before I unsubscribe.


Here's how to get your own Ipsy glam bag!
  1. Go to www.ipsy.com
  2. Sign up for the monthly glam bag
  3. Take a short style quiz
  4. Wait for your glam bag!
It should arrive in the middle of the month!

No comments:

Post a Comment